The 90FM Program Director is responsible for the following:
- Develops and monitors programming philosophy for all on-air operations including: music, news, public affairs, overnight programming and sports.
- Recruits, trains, schedules and supervises all on-air announcers.
- Designs and coordinates all announcer training courses and feedback sessions for new and established on-air talent.
- Ensures that WWSP’s programming serves the public interest as mandated by federal and state laws and FCC regulations.
- Supervises all on-air promotional activities for WWSP.
- Makes sure that all on-air personnel fill out required program logs, transmitter logs, music logs, in-studio guest logs, and give away logs in an appropriate manner.
- Works closely with Public Relations Director to promote daily programs, specialty events, and giveaway’s on our social media platforms.
- Enforces and adheres to 90FM policies and procedures.
- Is present when on air personalities cannot make it in and develops safeguards (prerecorded generic broadcasts) for when this happens.
- Handles scheduling of interview and programming staff for live in-studio performances.
Applicants should possess excellent organization and presentation skills, computer skills, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are required as well. Applicants should also make themselves available and known around the station, being a main face for the organization. This position is salaried at $9.00 per hour at 19 hours a week, for 16 weeks for a semester, 16 weeks during summer, and 3 weeks during winter. This position requires full commitment from May 2019-May 2020.
The deadline for this application will be at the end of April 2019.
Interviews will follow.
For any questions please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.