The 90FM News Director is responsible for the following:
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise news staff to report timely and relevant news stories and produce on-air news broadcasts.
- Supervise production, content, and overall thrust of all local public affairs shows.
- Work to podcast public affairs shows online.
- Oversee production of special event news programming such as election coverage, SGA elections, major campus news, etc.
- Produce and assist in the production of Featured News Stories.
- Oversee the station’s formal ascertainment process and writes the station’s quarterly “problems-programs” list with assistance of the faculty advisor.
- Ensure proper function of all newsroom equipment and maintenance and cleanliness of the newsroom.
- Work with Program Director to ensure WWSP-90FM’s broadcast philosophy is followed.
- Enforce and adhere to all 90FM policies and procedures.
Applicants should possess excellent organization and presentation skills, computer skills, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are all required as well. This position is salaried at $8.50 per hour at 15 hours a week, for 16 weeks for a semester, and pay over the break periods will be determined by who on staff will be present during that time. This position requires full commitment from May 2019-May 2020 with the exception of the break periods.
The deadline for this application will be in the beginning of May 2019.
Interviews will follow.
For any questions, please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.