The 90FM Music Director is responsible for the following:
- Works with Station Manager and Program Director to filter through the stacks annually to decide whether CD’s need to move to a different stack.
- Maintains relations with record companies, distributors, and artists to ensure excellent complimentary record service. Actively recruits new labels for new music online and via Email.
- Contacts them far in advance for Radiothon donations.
- Promptly auditions and distributes new music sent to 90FM. Responsible for screening and labeling CD’s with short descriptions of the album, recommended tracks, FCC violations, and RIYL artists.
- Ensures all music added to WWSP-90FM adheres to FCC, Community, and Station standards.
- Works with NACC (North American College and Community Radio Chart) to comprise weekly adds and top thirty charts for 90FM.
- Sends a weekly copy of music adds and a Top 30 Chart to record promoters as well.
- Catalogs 90FM music library so that music can be easily retrieved by on-air announcers.
- Works with Program Director to ensure 90FM’s broadcast philosophy is followed.
- Actively archives new CD’s digitally for the purpose of the 90FM late night programming.
- Works with The Pointer to get weekly music reviews and “Heavy Rotation’s Top 10” published.
- Performs a weekly music Monday survey of the staff.
- DJ’s 90FM’s Heavy Rotation every Sunday from 3-6 p.m.
- Enforces and adheres to all 90FM policies and procedures.
- In charge of the Music Team and all of the meetings held during the school year.
Applicants should possess excellent organization and presentation skills, computer skills, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are all required as well. This position is salaried at $8.50 per hour at 17 hours a week for 16 weeks over a semester, 14 hours a week for 16 weeks over the summer, and 14 hours a week for three weeks over winter break. This position requires full commitment from May 2017-May 2018 with the exception of the break periods.
The deadline for this application is Thursday May 4th at 5 PM.
The interviews will be on Friday, May 5th & Saturday, May 6th if necessary.
For any questions please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.