Business and Sales Director
The 90FM Business and Sponsorship Director is responsible for the following:
- Oversees WWSP’s budget to make sure that all SGA and university financial policies are properly followed. This includes the constant monitoring of financial software to make sure that WWSP is operating within its budget and remains financially solvent.
- Purchases equipment and supplies necessary for WWSP’s operations with the advice and consent of the Station Manager, IT Support Technician and Faculty Advisor.
- Advises and oversees the underwriting process. This includes making sure that billing is done for all underwriting and all funds are collected.
- Works closely with the WWSP Executive Staff to make sure that all SGA and WWSP funds are properly utilized in a timely manner. The Business Manager works closely with the Station Manager and Faculty Advisor to maintain a precise budget.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment (handles filing of salient financial documents).
- Attend all budget training meetings set by SGA budget director.
- Solicit sponsorship for all specialty programming and the Trivia Scoreboard.
- Works with one other executive staff member to coordinate Trivia Marquee Trade Agreements.
- Act as station business liaison and fund-raiser.
- Deals directly with sponsors and makes sure all necessary contracts and paper work are filled out properly.
- Knowledgeable of all FCC guidelines for Commercial Donor Announcements (CDA’s) on non-profit radio.
- Works with and types CDA scripts for the Production Director to ensure play of donation acknowledgements.
- Works closely with Business Director to facilitate billing and collection of underwriting money.
- Enforces and adheres to all 90FM policies and procedures.
- Solicit underwriting money to help fund daily programming at WWSP-90FM
- Applicants should possess excellent organization and presentation skills, computer skills, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are all required as well. This position is salaried at $7.25 per hour at 10 hours a week for 16 weeks over a semester, 5 hours a week for 16 weeks over the summer, and 5 hours a week for 3 weeks over winter break. This position requires full commitment from May 2020-May 2021.The deadline for this application will be in the beginning of May 2020.
Interviews will follow.For any questions please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.