The 90FM Underwriting Director is responsible for the following:
- Solicit underwriting money to help fund daily programming at WWSP-90FM.
- Solicit sponsorship for all specialty programming and the Trivia Scoreboard.
- Works with one other executive staff member to coordinate Trivia Marquee Trade Agreements.
- Act as station business liaison and fund-raiser.
- Deals directly with sponsors and makes sure all necessary contracts and paper work are filled out properly.
- Knowledgeable of all FCC guidelines for Commercial Donor Announcements (CDA’s) on non-profit radio.
- Works with and types CDA scripts for the Production Director to ensure play of donation acknowledgements.
- Works closely with Business Director to facilitate billing and collection of underwriting money.
- Enforces and adheres to all 90FM policies and procedures.
Applicants should possess excellent organization and presentation skills, computer skills, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are all required as well. This position is salaried at $7.25 per hour at 10 hours a week for 16 weeks over a semester, 5 hours a week for 16 weeks over the summer, and 5 hours a week for 3 weeks over winter break. This position requires full commitment from May 2019-May 2020.
*This position will be offered a scholarship through Friends of 90FM for money raised over the $4,500 quota designated to reimburse SGA. 10% of the money raised over the quota will be awarded to the Underwriting Director in a form of a scholarship.
The deadline for this application will be in the beginning of May 2019.
Interviews will follow.
For any questions please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.