Public Relations Director
The 90FM Public Relations Director is responsible for the following:
- Organizes tabling for vendor fairs, concerts, and within the university to support WWSP.
- Works with graphic designers to create posters to promote WWSP events, and then distributes said posters.
- Provides updates of university events through Centertainment and the UWSP Basement Brewhaus, depending on the contract, to be played on air.
- Works closely with news organizations to promote WWSP events by writing and distributing press releases, as well accepting and organizing interviews with these organizations during WWSP events.
- Maintains a professional manner at WWSP-sponsored events, WWSP events, and at various fairs that feature WWSP.
- Works with the Web and Social Media Director to ensure social media posts and promotions information is accurate and in sync.
- Enforces and adheres to all 90FM policies and procedures.
Applicants should possess excellent organizational and skills, leadership ability, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are all required as well. This position is salaried at $8.50 per hour at 15 hours a week for 16 weeks for a semester and 5 hours a week for 16 weeks over summer break. This position requires full commitment from May 2017-May 2018.
The deadline for this application is Thursday May 4th at 5 PM.
The interviews will be on Friday, May 5th & Saturday, May 6th if necessary.
For any questions please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.