Public Relations Director
The 90FM Public Relations Director is responsible for the following:
- Organizes tabling for vendor fairs, concerts, and within the university to support WWSP.
- Design, create, and maintain the WWSP 90FM web site and ensure that online content is updated weekly.
- Including but is not limited to; Heavy Rotation Top 10, album reviews, concert updates, podcasted public affairs shows, programming schedule.
- Experience with WordPress is also preferred.
- Produce dynamic and creative content to be utilized on WWSP-90FM’s various social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Soundcloud)
- Run online campaigns for all WWSP 90FM Events (Radiothon, Trivia, Beatlesfest, Dylan Days, Tribute Weekend, Jazzfest, In-Studio performances)
- Works with graphic designers to create posters to promote WWSP events, and then distributes said posters.
- Provides updates of university events through Centertainment and the UWSP Basement Brewhaus, depending on the contract, to be played on air.
- Works closely with news organizations to promote WWSP events by writing and distributing press releases, as well accepting and organizing interviews with these organizations during WWSP events.
- Must have experience with all Social Media platforms that 90FM uses.
- Supervise and control WWSP-90FM’s online image.
- Enforces and adheres to all 90FM policies and procedures.
Applicants should possess excellent organizational and skills, leadership ability, and interpersonal skills. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for 90FM are all required as well. This position is salaried at $8.50 per hour at 15 hours a week for 16 weeks for a semester and 5 hours a week for 16 weeks over summer break. This position requires full commitment from May 2018-May 2019.
The deadline for this application will be in the beginning of May 2019.
Interviews will follow.
For any questions please contact the WWSP-90FM Executive Staff at 715-346-3755.